Ukrainian army launches combat divers course
Grueling exercises will prepare special forces units for critical situations underwater
‘Instructors are now in Mariupol, Donetsk region, southeastern Ukraine; they are now completing the measures necessary to start the training session. Currently, Ukraine lacks systematic training of combat divers as the Naval academy, the state oceanarium and the latest units of diving hardware remained in the occupied Crimea’, the center’s website reports.
The instructors already tested new hardware from Draeger, which they will use for both working and training frogmen. They will perform various exercises supposed to improve the fighters’ skills in critical situations, to teach them to handle special hardware and gadgets. Besides, instructors developed special drills to teach fighters to perform blindly since the visibility range in the Azov Sea is extremely low. The water is extremely cloudy.
The volunteers urge fellow Ukrainians to support the program, which is ‘really important and useful initiative that brings our common victory closer’.
Donbas: Avdiivka under mortar fire 13 October, 23:58
Donbas: 122 mm artillery shells Shyrokyne 10 October, 08:35
Russia against return of Debaltsevo under control of Ukraine, - Peskov 20 October, 20:01
‘DPR’ militants: Debaltsevo remains 20 October, 20:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case