Sagamihara massacre: Police searched Uematsu’s residence
The 26-year-old slaughtered 19 people and wounded another 25 at a care home in Sagamihara town
The Japanese police conducted search in the house of Satoshi Uematsu who stabbed to death 19 patients of a care home in Sagamihara, Kanagawa prefecture. He injured 25 more people; all casualties are people with special needs.
According to The Guardian, nine women and 10 men aged between 18 and 70 were among the dead; that made the accident theworst mass killing in Japan since the WWII.
On Wednesday, Uematsu has been transferred from the local police station to the prosecutor’s office in Yokohama. His house was shut off by the police line.
Previously, in February this year, Uematsu tried to pass a letter to speaker of the lower house of the Japanese Parliament. In it, he threatened to kill 470 people with special needs; after that, he was put into an asylum. The letter also contained Uematsu’s view of civil society, which foresaw that people with special needs may be killed with the consent from their families.
- UA & EU20:19"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:33"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars