Saakashvili: ‘Eurovision in Kyiv is rigged bid’
Some Ukrainian officials raise scandal over hosting the 2017 song contest in the capital
‘Odesa is left without Eurovision. I love Kyiv but it’s more than just about my capital city; it’s about this decision which is another case of rigged bids, lying in throat and complete absence of administrative thinking’. Mikheil Saakashvili, the governor of Odesa region, posted this at Facebook immediately after Kyiv was officially named the city to host Eurovision 2017 song contest.
As 112 International reported, Kyiv won the competition among Ukrainian cities, the candidates to host the next year's Eurovision. Kyiv won with 19 votes against 2 votes for Odessa, 1 voter abstained.
The contest will be held in the International Exhibition Centre on the left bank of the Dnipro. The International Exhibition Centre will be settled in advance.
According to the Minister of Culture Eugene Yevhen Nyshchuk, Kyiv and Odesa had a real battle in the final of the competition for the right to host the contest. He also noted that Ukraine has made its state guarantees to the European Broadcasting Union (EBU).
Source: Mikheil Saakashvili's Facebook
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars