Russians to see the film of Ukrainian political prisoner
Russian officials called showing of the film by Oleh Sentsov a provocation
St. Petersburg film studio "LenDok" will show the film "Gamer" by Ukrainian director Oleh Sentsov, who is sentenced to 20 years in Russian prison, Govoritmoskva. The events is scheduled for September 3.
"Gamer" is a story of a teenager from a small town, an avid gamer who lives in the world of computer games.
The idea of screening provoked a negative reaction of Vitaliy Milonov, scandalous Russian MP, principal sponsor of legislation criminalizing "homosexual propaganda directed toward minors”. Culture Committee of St. Petersburg also condemns such an initiative, stating that this is a provocation.
"The new season in our studio have just started, and we screen some rare films, which had not been demonstrated on the big screen; which were not screened at all. The "Gamer" film falls under this description... Well, the film director is oppositional one. But if we follow this logic, we can find some political motives in "Pinocchio", for example," said the press office of the St. Petersburg studio.
Ukrainian filmmaker Oleh Sentsov was sentenced to 20 years in a high-security penal colony, and Ukrainian left-wing activist Olexander Kolchenko was penalized with 10 years in high-security penal colony. The sentence was pronounced August 25, by North Caucasus District Military Court in Rostov-on-Don, Russia.
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars