Russian Supreme Court recognized as lawful the sentence of 20 years imprisonment of Ukrainian director Sentsov
Sentsov refused make a closing statement, stating: ‘I have nothing to say, thisTV show is boring’
Supreme Court of RF recognized as lawful the sentence of 20 years imprisonment of Ukrainian film director Oleg Sentsov and activist Alexander Kolchenko, Ukrainski novyny.
Ukrainian director Oleg Sentsov refused make a closing statement at the court stating: “I have nothing to say, the TV show is boring” - was reported by Radio ‘Svoboda’.
In it’s turn Interfax-Ukraine writes that the protection of Oleg Sentsov and Alexander Kolchenko, convicted in Russia for the preparation of terrorist attacks in the Crimea, will press for their return to Ukraine.
‘There are two exchange options: the first is political, when states negotiate foran exchange, as with the Estonian spy Kohver, and the second one, which is documented by bilateral agreements between Russia and Ukraine, when persons are transferred to serve their sentences to the country citizens of which they are, - Kolchenko’s lawyer Svetlana Sidorkina.
Sentsov’s lawer Dmitriy Dinze announced that defence of the convicted will continue to seek for cancellation of the sentence.
‘Further we will write the cassation appeal and solve an issue with the exchange,’- he said.
It was earlier reported that the defense of Sentsov before the court demanded cancellation of all accusations.
Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas 27 October, 16:03
Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition 27 October, 17:31
Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer 27 October, 14:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case