Russian sociologist: "I believe it is too painful for the Russian mind to assume Ukrainians are successful in their movement toward Europe"
Head of socio-cultural research at Russia’s Levada Center Alexei Levinson in an interview with UNIAN explains why it was so easy for the Russians to agree on war with Ukraine.
The first shot from the Russian "Grad" from the territory of the Russian Federation at Ukrainian defenders who has almost closed the corridor for arms and militants flowing into Donbas finally buried the myth of "fraternal nations." This gave a start to a long period of Ukrainian-Russian confrontation in Donbas, which, in fact, is not significantly rejected by the Russian public.
In an interview with UNIAN, chief of socio-cultural research department at the largest Russian sociological agency Levada-Center, Aleksey Levinson explained why it was so easy for the Russians to agree on war with Ukraine, and why they simply reject any information that does not correspond to the picture drawn by the state TV. Russian mass consciousness fails to understand why Ukraine, which "never existed," has chosen Europe and is moving away from the Russian world. And the main "sin" of Ukrainians is that they are now walking the path from which the Russians have personally chosen to turn. The expert warns that Russian society is overheated enough to suggest that a minimum effort in certain propaganda tricks will lead to a full-scale invasion of Ukraine far beyond the borders of Donetsk and Luhansk regions.
Read more here
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Donbas conflict: 18 attacks reported 17 October, 23:58
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars