Russian Orthodoxy without borders: an Orthodox temple opened in Cambodia
Thirteen Khmers were baptized in Cambodia
October 25, the first temple of the Russian Orthodox Church (ROC) opened its doors to worshipers in Cambodia, TASS.
Five-domed Church of the Holy Great Martyr and Healer Panteleimon was built in the seaside town of Sihanoukville Province. "In fact, this is the first Russian Orthodox temple build in Cambodia. Before that, the only embodiment of Orthodoxy in this country was a small chapel at the Bulgarian Embassy in Phnom Penh, which exists there since the time of the Khmer Rouge," said the representative of the Russian Orthodox Church in Thailand Archimandrite Oleg.
The church in Sihanoukville waqs consecrated by Archbishop Mark of Yegoryevsk, head of the Moscow Patriarchate in foreign institutions of the Russian Orthodox Church. He also conveyed the church prayer book in Khmer to the locals as a gift. "The work of translation took more than a year. Of course, prayer book in plain language for local residents will be in demand," said Archimandrite Oleg. In early October, in the chapel in Phnom Penh 13 Khmers were baptized.
During his visit to Southeast Asia, Archbishop Mark also to visit Laos and attend the consecration of the church in honor of St. Vladimir in Thailand's Chiang Mai.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas