Russian FSS opened criminal case against coordinator of blockade of Crimea
Lenur Islyamov, the owner of Crimean Tatar TV channel and head of staff of the Public blockade of Crimea, reported about searches being conducted by FSS in his own and his relatives' houses
The investigation department of Federal Security Service (FSS) of Russian Federation at the occupied Crimea opened a criminal case against one of the initiators and current head of staff of the Public blockade of Crimea, the owner of Crimean Tatar TV channel ATR – Lenur Islyamov, RIA Novosti reported.
"October 22, 2015, the investigation department of the FSS of Russia in the Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol city initiated a criminal case against a citizen Islyamov Lenur Edemovich, born in 1966,"told at the security agency.
Reportedly, Lenur Islyamov told at his Facebook page about searches conducted by Russian FSS at his house in Moscow as well as in his relatives’ homes.
“Today from 6:00 am at my house in Moscow as well as at my father’s house in the Crimea, at houses of my sister Lenara, Elzara Islyamova and Lilia Bujurova. The searches are conducted by the Federal Security Service,” Islyamov told.
In addition, in Simferopol, the building where the ATR TV channel is located, is surrounded by special forces and, probably, the searches have been conducted there, as reported by Ayder Muzdabayev, the Deputy Director General of the ATR channel and activist of Public blockade of Crimea, at his Facebook page.
Earlier, the so-called prosecutor of the self-proclaimed authorities of Crimea Natalia Poklonskaya announced the “opening a number of criminal cases upon the illegal activity on the border with Ukraine under the conventional name “blockade of Crimea", Ukrpravda states.
Recalling that September 20, the public blockade of the administrative border with Crimea have started. All three crossing points on the peninsula: Chongar, Kalanchak and Chaplinka - on the ground not to give a pass to trucks with food to the peninsula occupied by Russian Federation. The initiators of the protest action are Crimean Tatar activists and the Majlis member, also the blocking activity is supported by representatives of the Right Sector, self-defense and volunteer battalions.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas