Russia Today bank accounts blocked in Britain
This decision is not subject to revision
The United Kingdom blocked the entire bank accounts of the Russia Today news agency. RT Editor-in-Chief Margarita Simonyan wrote this on Twitter on Monday.
"Our accounts have been blocked in Britain. All of our accounts. 'The decision cannot be appealed'. Long live freedom of speech!" Simonyan wrote.
According to Russia Foreign Ministry Representative Maria Zakharova, "leaving the EU London left there all its obligations on the freedom of speech".
Russia Today agency is financed from the state budget. It is assumed that the TV Channel reflects the Moscow's point of view on the international events.
Earlier Britain threatened to terminate RT's license due to biased coverage of the events in Ukraine.
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
Kremlin begins to discredit Roman Sushchenko, - lawyer 6 October, 12:23
IFJ calls on Russia to free Sushchenko 4 October, 10:26
Nuland goes to Moscow to discuss Donbas 4 October, 08:37
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars