Russia is afraid of biotechnologies
Russians doesn't appreciate up-to-date technologies interfering people's life
Most of the citizens are negatively disposed towards the innovative technologies in medicine field and think they're unethical. According to Naked Science, Institute for Statistical Studies and Economics of Knowledge of the National Research University Higher School of Economics conducted a correspondent survey.
According to sociologists, more than 70% of respondents are looking at the prospect of the use of modern biotechnology among Russians with caution, in particular the use of stem cells, genetic engineering and implants. About 80% of Russians at the same time are concerned about the risk of having children with congenital abnormalities, but at the same time only a third is willing to participate in a genetic study.
Half of the Russian Federation citizens positively reacted to the spread of alternative energy sources, smoke sensors and "smart" clothes.
About 90% of Russians told about the relevance of the environmental pollution problem, but only 48% of them agreed to use the appropriate sensors.
Technologies that provide intervention in human life are perceived rather negatively.
The study involved 1,671 Russians aged 16 and older. The survey was conducted in 137 cities of Russian Federation.
American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning 23 October, 18:54
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars