Russia elections to State Duma started
Holding elections is also planned in occupied Crimea
The Russian State Duma elections of deputies of the seventh convocation began. The first polling stations opened in Kamchatka and Chukotka at eight am local time (23:00 pm Kyiv time).
The western region of Russia - the Kaliningrad region ended its voting process at 21:00 MSK (21:00 on Kyiv), after which the CEC will begin to disclose the results of the vote.
MPs are elected by a mixed system: 225 deputies - on lists of political parties, 225 - in single-member constituencies. Parties will have to collect more than five percent of the votes to enter the State Duma.
Earlier, Foreign Minister Klimkin said that Ukraine may withdraw its delegation to PACE in the case of recognition of the elections in Crimea.
OSCE and PACE have already said they will not send observers to the elections in the Crimea and Sevastopol. Foreign Minister of Denmark condemned the elections, and Germany's Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier and French FM Jean-Marc Ayrault reminded again that their countries do not recognize the annexation of the peninsula.
Deputy Chairman of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people Ilmi Umerov said that the Crimean Tatars will boycott the elections.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain