Rozenko: payments to residents of occupied Donbas impossible unless Ukraine’s territorial integrity restored
The Vice Prime Minister said it’s the Russian proxies’ fault that people don’t get paid in occupied areas
The government will keep on paying IDPs (internally displaced people) who reside in Ukraine-controlled territories of Donbas. However, those living in terrorist-held areas will not be able to get their payments until the Minsk agreements are entirely fulfilled, and Ukraine’s territorial integrity is restored. Vice Prime Minister Pavlo Rozenko said this in a commentary in Kyiv on Monday, Cabinet’s press service reported.
“I hold the issue of verification of social payments and assisting the internally displaced people under my personal control. Not a single dime from the state budget or the Pension Fund will reach terrorists’ pockets”, he said.
According to Rozenko, it’s not Ukraine’s fault that people in the occupied territories do not get their money – it’s the fault of the Russian occupants.
“We have no opportunities to pay pension and other social payments in these areas. There are no Ukrainian banks there; there are no branches of the Pension Fund; there’s no state treasury. Ukrainian laws don’t work there”, the Minister said.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee