Reuters: Germany bomber influenced in chat by unknown person: minister
More details on blast in Ansbach
A Syrian asylum seeker who blew himself up in the southern German town of Ansbach on Sunday was influenced by an unknown person in a chat conversation on his mobile phone, Bavaria's Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann said on Wednesday.
"It's possible to deduce that another person wherever they were at the time of the call, of the chat, significantly influenced how the attacker acted," Herrmann said on the sidelines of a meeting of the Bavarian cabinet.
"The chat ended directly before the attack," he added.
Officials say the bombing by the 27-year-old Syrian, who had arrived in Germany two years ago, was clearly a terrorist attack, citing a video found on his mobile phone in which he talks of planning an "act of revenge" against Germans.
The man set off explosives in his rucksack on Sunday outside a musical festival in Ansbach, a town of 40,000 people southwest of Nuremberg, killing himself and injuring 15 people.
Police are trying to find out whether the attacker had help in making the bomb and whether it exploded prematurely, which could suggest he wanted to kill as many people as possible.
Read the full article here.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case