Rally in support of Mejlis took place on Independence Square in Kyiv
Simultaneously with the action, in Moscow was held the court hearing, considering the final ban of Mejlis
In Kyiv on Maidan Nezalezhnosti (Independence Square) took place an action in support of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people. About a hundred people took part in it, reports agency "Crimean news".
The Crimean Tatars, representatives of international and Ukrainian human rights organizations, people's deputies of Ukraine and civil society activists gathered in the central square with the Ukrainian and Crimean Tatar flags.
Members of the Mejlis called on the international community to assist in the protection of Crimean Tatars.
Simultaneously with the action, in Moscow was held the court hearing, which was considering the final ban of the Mejlis, which the protesters called a "shameful judgment."
"After today's decision more than two and a half thousand of Crimean Tatars come under the status of the extremists, but we are ready for this decision, all Crimean Tatars remain faithful to their land, their people, and Ukraine.", - Said chairman of the Mejlis Refat Chubarov.
Also the participants of the rally, with a minute of silence honoured memory of the victims of hootings in Babi Yar.
Besides, the Amnesty International organization began collecting signatures in support of the deputy chairman of of the Mejlis the Crimean Tatar people Ilmi Umerov, which this organization has recognized a prisoner of conscience, and a member of the World Congress of of Crimean Tatars Erwin Ibragimov, who was abducted in May 2016.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain