Rally in Lviv region: Locals demand to close re-opened Hrybovychi waste deposit
People shut off roadway between Lviv and Rava-Ruska checkpoint in western Ukraine
Residents of the adjacent villages and Dubliany town gathered the rally, protesting against the most recent decision of the local administration to re-open Hrybovychi waste deposit. 112 Ukraine TV channel’s correspondent reported this on Friday afternoon.
‘The large gridlock made many kilometers in length; it prevents cars for moving any further, while vans and passenger buses stay in place. People demand to take away the building machinery from their villages. They also want Lviv mayor Andriy Sadovy to come and inform them about what’s going on with Hrybovychi waste deposit. If the authorities do not fulfill their requests, the protesters threaten to shut off other major roadways in the region – specifically Kyiv-Chop’, the correspondent said.
Iryna Marunyak, Deputy Head of the Lviv City Committee on Environmental Safety, approached the people but they refused to speak to her, saying they’d only speak to Sadovy. Marunyak told them he was too busy and wouldn’t be able to come there today.
The local administration decided to strengthen the footing of Hrybovychi waste deposit, to avoid possible mudslide.
Previously, on May 30, a big fire took place at Zbyranka and Hrybovychi waste deposits, Lviv region. Fire rescuers spent several days to put it away, which caused problems with taking out the trash out of the city. During the fire, the garbage slide occurred; it killed four people. The investigation in the tragedy is underway.
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars