Protest near German Embassy in Kyiv
Protesters want to attract international attention to releasing of Ukrainian servicemen from captivity
A protest is underway near the building of the German Embassy in Kyiv. There are about fifty people. The protesters want to draw attention of the international community to the problem of releasing of Ukrainian army men, held hostage by the militants. On their opinion, Germany as a party in Normandy format negotiations can contribute to the process of solving the problem. This was reported by 112 Ukraine TV channel.
It is noted that the protesters also intend to continue their event near the French Embassy and meet with First Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada Iryna Gerashchenko near the building of the Security Service of Ukraine.
As it was reported earlier, according to information of the SBU, there are about 115 citizens of Ukraine in captivity, half of them are Ukrainian servicemen. And about 500 people are still missing.
Earlier, the press service of the President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko reported that the president intends to hold a meeting with the foreign ministers of France and Germany to discuss perspectives of restoring fully-fledged activities in "Normandy format".
As it was reported, that Foreign Ministers of Germany, France, United Kindom and Denmark were expected to visit Kyiv on September 14 - 15. The diplomats intended to influence the retard negotiation process in settling the conflict in East of Ukraine.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Hollande: Safety issue is basic for success of Minsk agreement 20 October, 07:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars