Prosecutors arrest 890 hectares of land with houses, kindergartens and schools in Bucha
Residents said they would protect rights of their local community by all available constitutional means, including picketing authorities and prosecutors
About three thousand residents took part in the meeting with a demand to stop terrorizing the territorial community of the city. The agency ForUm reports this.
The residents were strongly against the actions of the Prosecutor General, which has seized 890 hectares of the city with houses, kindergartens and schools.
Bucha Mayor Anatoliy Fedoruk, speaking to the townspeople, said that now there is a threat to local government and the interests of the community, because now almost everyone who owns land in the city or the house may lose their property.
"There is the speculation for more than 20 years that Bucha city, where people live in their homes since 1906 is the forest of the first category, and therefore, the Bucha city is outside Bucha area. It is unacceptable in future", said the mayor.
He also promised residents of the city to defend their position, and the right to live and work in the city.
According to the Mayor, the prosecutor's office included kindergartens, schools, higher education facility, hospitals and cemeteries to the forest of the first category.
In particular, there are 4 schools, gymnasium, 4 kindergartens, 1 institution of higher education, and the center of extracurricular activities. The hospital, children's and adult clinics, X-ray room, administrative building of the local government and 2 cemeteries are also situated there. There are more than 20 thousand residents of the city, which is more than in the rest of Bucha territory.
Bucha citizens also appealed to the Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko, demanding a transparent and impartial examination of the case on the land allocation in Bucha. Residents said they will protect the rights of their local community by all available constitutional means, including picketing authorities and prosecutor's office.
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars