Poroshenko meets with representatives of Jewish organizations in US
Poroshenko has invited representatives of the US Jewish community on the 75th anniversary of the Babyi Yar tragedy
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko met with representatives of American Jewish organizations in New York. The Head of State noted the importance of international solidarity and communication, the presidential press service reports.
The President spoke about the situation in the east of Ukraine and human rights violations in the occupied territories. Ukraine hopes for continued support from the United States, particularly in the military-technical cooperation.
The Head of State stressed the importance of sanctions against Russia for violating the territorial integrity, independence and sovereignty of the Ukrainian state.
Poroshenko also invited the representatives of the US Jewish community to participate in the events dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the Babyi Yar tragedy, which is scheduled for September 29 with the participation of many foreign delegations.
Recall that Petro Poroshenko arrived on the 71st UN General Assembly on September 19. He already met with Ukrainian community in New York, and also paid a visit to Bill and Hillary Clinton.
The 71st UN General Assembly session started at the headquarters of the world body in New York on September 14. Chairman of the General Assembly noted that the session should bring the organization to the implementation of 17 sustainable development goals of the United Nations project to 2030. The annual general debate will begin on September 20 and will last until September 26.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee