Poroshenko invites Pope Francesco to visit Ukraine
President Petro Poroshenko confirms invitation of Pope Francesco to visit Ukraine during meeting with Vatican Secretary of State
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko has invited Pope Francesco to visit Ukraine. He said this after the meeting with the Vatican Secretary of State Cardinal Pietro Parolin, LІGA.net reports.
"I reiterated my invitation to Pope Francesco to visit Ukraine at a convenient time for him," Poroshenko said.
In turn, Parolin said that he will deliver the invitation to the Pope. "And as soon as the time comes, he will arrive", he said.
He has met with Foreign Affairs Minister Pavlo Klimkin and discussed the support for extradition of political prisoners.
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain