Poroshenko grieves with families of victims of earthquake in Japan
The disaster took lives of 9 people, a thousand more were injured as the quake shook Kumamoto prefecture
“Our deepest condolences to the families of those, who lost their lives in the earthquake in Japan. Ukraine shares your grief”, the Head of the Ukrainian state tweeted on April 15.
On April 14, the 6.4-magnitude earthquake shook Kyushu Island. Its epicenter was located in Kumamoto prefecture at the depth of 11 kilometers under the ground. Nine people perished and a thousand more suffered the earthquake’s aftermath.
Seismologists reported 130 aftershock temblors and warned there could be more. 11 thousand houses were cut off from electricity, another 58 thousand are left without water. About 44 thousand people were evacuated to 505 evacuation camps.
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas