Poroshenko gave title of mother-heroine to thousand of Ukrainian women
President’s press service reported this on May 8
“The honorary title is awarded to mothers of many children, those who brought up five or more children up to 8 years old, and created proper conditions for their education as well as physical, intellectual and spiritual development of the children”, reads the message.
In his speech on the occasion, Petro Poroshenko noted that the very image of mother has special meaning for the society.
“To every one of us, Mom embodies best human traits; she is a symbol of holiness and kindness. The best things on Earth are consecrated by mother’s love, patience and forgiveness. In tough times, every one of us seeks serenity and comfort in the warmth and true tenderness of our mothers. Today, in such hard times for our country, the image of mother gets very special meaning, as it is the Mother who constantly prays for peace and happy future of Ukraine”, he said.
“I bow to mothers of heroes of the Heavenly Hundred and those of the warriors who defend their Motherland. Part of their hearts and souls are forever in their sons’ deeds”, the President concluded.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain