Poroshenko: Armed Forces are chief guarantor of Ukraine’s Independence
President Petro Poroshenko believes main guarantor of Independence is Ukrainian military
According to Unian, the Head of State said this in Kyiv during a meeting with representatives of the Ukrainian diaspora in the world.
Petro Poroshenko said that with the price of extraordinary efforts the government step by step strengthens the defenses of the state.
"Armed Forces are the main guarantee of Ukrainian Independence", said the Head of State.
"We buried the project "New Russia" due to the fact that the vast majority of our Russian-speaking compatriots said a firm "yes" to independent and united Ukraine", the President said.
He noted that most of the Donbas territories were liberated and "the eastern horde in the south-eastern regions of Donetsk and Luhansk regions has been localized".
"I want to assure you that the course of history would have been slightly different if our army had at least a fraction of what you can see now in 2014", said Poroshenko.
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars