Poroshenko and Groysman to decide host city of Eurovision 2017
Choice has to be voiced on September 12
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko and Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman are the only two that are involved in choosing the city, which will host Eurovision 2017. The director general of the National Television Company of Ukraine Zurab Alasania said this, Interfax-Ukraine reports.
"In my opinion, the question which city will host Eurovision is of political matter between the President Poroshenko and Prime Minister Groysman. Only they know what is going on", said General Director of the National Television Company.
The results of the competitive selection must be announced by the beginning of next week, which is by Monday, September 12, although there is not even a hint of a winner.
"Early next week I shall be in Berlin, where I will meet with the supervisory board of the contest and announce our decision. While Ukraine doesn’t have even a hint of a winner and it's weird", Alasania said.
Kyiv, Odesa and Dnipro are the three candidates to host Eurovision 2017 Song Contest.
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels