In January – February, population of Ukraine shrunk to 42 million, 800 thousand and 501 people. It`s 5 thousand 230 people less than it used to be last year, the State Statistics Service of Ukraine reported.
The population of the country is permanently going down. Reasons can be different. One of them is migration of Ukrainian citizens abroad. For example, Polish Embassy says that for the last year they`ve received twice bigger amount of applications for Polish Visa.
Another cause is it`s hard to count people living on the occupied territory. Many of them moved to Russia. The others live in the non-occupied regions of Ukraine, but quite often they don`t have all the necessary papers. That, naturally, affects statistics, too.
Since 1993, there was only one year when population of Ukraine grew up. In 2012, an increase by 0.0002%, or one thousand people, was spotted.
Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics 26 October, 21:49
Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas 26 October, 19:34
Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors 26 October, 20:56
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case