Poll kicks off for renaming Boryspil international airport
The voting campaign started June 29; voters can choose one of six options
Ukraine’s Infrastructure Ministry started the poll to learn the public opinion on the issue. The authority’s press service reported this at Facebook.
One can choose one of the following candidacies: the widely famous helicopter designer Ihor Sikorsky; Soviet-era aircraft designer Oleg Antonov; great Ukrainian artist of Polish origin Kazimierz Malewicz; poet and author of lyrics of Ukraine’s national anthem Pavlo Chubynsky; and Ukrainian warlord of the 18th century Ivan Mazepa.
Voters can also choose not to rename the airport and leave it as is.
In order to vote, a user has to log in via his/her Facebook account.
As of afternoon June 30, ‘Ihor Sikorsky’ option leads the way, with Mazepa and Malewicz coming second and third, respectively.
The vote will be running till July 15.
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
- SPORT08:00Usyk gets WBO Fighter of the Year award
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars