Policeman shot dead, fellow worker wounded by driver in Dnipro city
The suspect reportedly served with Tornado police task force
A driver of Citroen-Elysee with license plate No. AE7053AA killed a policeman and wounded his mate in Dnipro this morning. The police press service reported about the shooting incident that took place not far from the city’s bus station.
According to the report, the patrol police crew of two servicemen ordered the car driver to stop, as he was violating the traffic code. The driver resisted arrest, then took a gun from the policeman, opened fire, killing the serviceman and wounding his mate, and fled the crime scene. Later, it turned out that the suspect in the crime served with Tornado, the police task force.
The wounded policewoman is in the hospital; she's now stable, her life is beyoind danger.
The highly ranked police officers took the case under direct control. The murderer is put on wanted list and they now are searching for him.
Later that day, MP Anton Gerashchenko, the Counselor to Interior Minister, revealed the suspect’s name. ‘Olexandr Pugachov, the native of Torez, Donetsk region, was previously wanted for committing other serious crimes. In case anyone possesses any sort of information about his whereabouts, we kindly ask to report to the police. In case Pugachev hears me, I advise him to give up immediately’, Gerashchenko posted at Facebook.
Later on, the police said that tehre are two suspects in the crime; the name of the second suspect has not been announced yet.
Interior Minister’s counselor: Pugachov should get life sentence 26 September, 10:00
Interior Ministry to interview Pugachov on September 26-28 26 September, 12:39
Dnipro city shooting: People say farewell to perished cops 26 September, 14:41
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas