Police: Five men detained at Kulykove field in Odesa
One of the perpetrators attacked the police while trying to enter the field through door frame metal detector
According to the press service of the Main Department of the National Police in Odesa region, the police detained five disorderly persons at Kulykove field. At first, the law enforcers detained a drunken man who attacked the policemen as he was trying to come through door frame metal detector. Later, thepolicedetainedfourmoretroublemakers.
Earlier today, a 20-year-old man with some sort of explosive device was detained at Derybasivska Street in central Odesa.
Today, the locals brought flowers to the site of the tragedy, the Trade Unions House at Kulykove field in Odesa, where the severest clashes took place in 2014. Back then, on May 2, 2014, 46 pro-Russian activists perished and about 200 people were wounded during the clashes with pro-Ukrainian protesters in Odesa.
The police and the National Guard do not let anyone in; the locals argue with them and leave the flowers at their feet.
The security measures in Odesa are tightened due to risk of provocations; road traffic is limited, key infrastructure objects are heavily guarded, and cell network goes haywire. About 3,000 law enforcers maintain public order across the city.
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars