Police brutality in Mykolaiv region: Two policemen name their colleague who opened fire
Denys Lyakvatsky was the one who shot Olexandr Zuckerman, the deceased resident of Kryve Ozero village, - convicts
Sgt. Olexandr Prychypoida and Cpt. Lt. Mykola Khomenko testified in court, claiming that their colleague Denys Lyakhvatsky was the one to open fire on the night when the tragedy in Mykolaiv region took place.
According to Prychypoida, by the time they reached the crime scene, Zuckerman was all covered in blood, and his head was cracked open. The policemen said they never beaten him; on the contrary, they ran away from him as he had chased them with a shovel.
Then, Prychypoida said, his colleague Denys Lyakhvatsky took the sidearm and fired at Zuckerman two or three times. The policeman stressed their lives were in danger at the moment.
Captain Lieutenant Mykola Khomenko confirmed his colleague’s version.
It turned out that Khomenko previously served with Ukrainian troops during the ongoing Donbas conflict.
Dutch FM calls Russia's Ambassador due to MH17 investigation criticism 30 September, 17:22
Interior Ministry to interview Pugachov on September 26-28 26 September, 12:39
Mogherini: International community should support MH17 investigation 29 September, 13:35
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars