Plotnitsky presented passport of LPR to American fighter
Jeff Monson for two years unsuccessfully sought Russian citizenship
The Head of LPR Igor Plotnitsky solemnly handed a "republican passport" to American fighter of mixed martial arts Jeff Monson at a concert in Lugansk, dedicated to 221 anniversary of the city founding, said the separatist website "Lugansk information center."
"Today here came a famous person, known not only by virtue of his specific profession, not because of his choice, and known for his good deeds, his good and big heart, his understanding and desire to help us as a Republic", - quoted the site the LPR leader Plotnitsky.
Monson is known for his communist beliefs, love for Russia and its Soviet past. The athlete often started fights with the anthem of the USSR. On September 7, 2014, he entered the ring with the song "Get up, Donbass".
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case