Pink Patrol campaign started in Kyiv
New patrol policemen handed out flowers to women within the campaign dedicated to fighting against breast cancer
“Pink Patrol”campaign started in Kyiv within the project "Breast Cancer:To know means to defeat", the editor in chief of onco.com.ua website and one of the organizers of the campaign Liliya Hudz stated at press-conference, Ukrinform.
"Awareness - raising social action "Men Against Breast Cancer" this year is called “Pink Patrol”. Today, in Kyiv, policemen will hand out a thousand roses to women as a thousand reminders to find an hour once a year and finally go to the doctor. It might also remind men to take their wives to a doctor," the organizer said.
Organizer told that students of National Academy of Internal Affairs in Kyiv will be handing out flyers with information about breast cancer and where one can get a breast screening. Except for Kyiv, the “Pink Patrol” campaign will take place in other major Ukrainian cities where the new patrol police started to work - Lviv, Odesa, Kharkiv, Mykolaiv, Chernihiv. Its representatives will hand out flowers and information flyers.
In addition, the Ministry of Health sent a letter to regional oncologic dispensaries with the recommendation to hold an information campaign against breast cancer within a month, the first deputy Minister of Health Oleksandra Pavlenko informed. It will start on October 20 and within a month, in all medical institutions with oncologists, one can get medical advice, go through examination and diagnosis. Also, in areas where there are no such specialists, the mobile mammography devices will work.
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars