Pilot who crashed Lufthansa airliner in Alps in 2015 was not a diligent student
Andreas Lubits, a pilot who deliberately crashed Lufthansa airliner with a hundred people last year, was not a very diligent student
Andreas Lubits, a pilot who deliberately crashed Lufthansa airliner with a hundred people last year, was not a very diligent student.
The instructors of Arizona flight school, which Lubits joined in 2010, informed that to the FBI.
The young man failed one of five exams of the course, as well as one of 67 training flights. Instructors recall that the pilot had learning difficulties and scattered attention. But eventually he completed the course and received a certificate on the sum of points. Flight school director added that due to the possibility to retake exams, only 1 - 2% of students are dismissed.
The ""German Wings" aircraft crashed in the French Alps last year in May. All 150 people aboard died. Investigators established: co-pilot Lubits locked himself in the cockpit and deliberately routed the plane on a rock.
Lubits also suffered from depression and other mental disorders, according to the investigation.
Earlier, relatives of the victims filed a lawsuit against the flight school.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case