Photo of Ukrainian Carpathians become finalist of international contest
Picture of Carpathian Biosphere Reserve, Zakarpattia, became sixth in the Wiki Loves Earth contest
Photo taken in Carpathian Biosphere Reserve, Zakarpattia, received the sixth place in international photo contest Wiki Loves Earth. The first prize was given to a picture of Lower Kachura Lake in Central Karakoram National Park, Pakistan.
The competition, where participants take photographs of protected natural areas and upload their photos to Wikimedia Commons, was held internationally for the second time in 2015 with 26 countries.
The project aims to increase the awareness of people about the natural treasures of the world. Participants uploaded about a hundred thousand photos. Before getting to the international contest, national competitions take place. International jury consists of 9 photographers from different countries, experienced in nature photography, one of them, Dmytro Balkhovitin, is Ukrainian.
The contest’s web site states that idea of such event appeared in Ukraine in 2013.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas