Petro Poroshenko voted for Jamala during the "Eurovision-2016" selection
Jamala won the national selection with the song "1944"
During the selection for the "Eurovision-2016" President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko sent a text message to support Jamala. He stated this during his address on the occasion of the Crimean Tatar resistance to the Russian occupation anniversary.
"Last week Ukraine supported its outstanding Crimean Tatar daughter Jamala. She got my voice too." – said President Poroshenko.
Recall, Jamala won the national selection for participation in "Eurovision" with the song "1944". As she previously recognized, to write this song she was inspired by her great-grandmother's story about the tragedy that happened to the Crimean Tatar people in 1944.
This year "Eurovision" song contest involves 43 countries. Ukraine will perform in the second semifinal on May 12. Grand Final will be held on May 14, 2016.
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars