Petition to stop pressure upon Ukrainian IT companies gathers signatures
From the beginning of autumn, the cases of searches in IT companies conducted by law enforcers became more frequent, the author of petition told
On the presidential website appeared an online petition with a demand to stop the pressure of security agencies upon Ukrainian IT companies.
"Recently, the cases of so-called masked balls in Ukrainian IT companies became more rapid. Security officials withdraw the appliances (even private devices of the employees), equipment, and block the production process. Such behavior of state power structures leads to business losses, outflow of skilled IT workers and withdrawal of business abroad, worsening investment climate, and, as consequently, to disbenefit of the state," said in the text of petition.
The author of the petition is a developer from Kyiv Maryna Kosenko, AIN.ua reported. According to her, from the beginning of autumn, such cases have become more frequent in the offices of IT-companies in major cities - Kyiv, Dnipropetrovsk, Kharkiv, and just last week the "assaults" continued. Maryna proposed to create such petition at the programmer's forum DOU, where it was discussed and supported.
"I hereby request to use legal leverages to stop the pressure of government security forces upon Ukrainian IT companies, or at least return carrying out the investigation in keeping with the civilized way, such as copying relevant information from electronic carriers which will not result in blocking of the production process," the petition says.
Earlier, Savik Shuster reported about tax inspection in his studio. In addition, State Fiscal Service of Ukraine conducts prejudicial investigation as part of a criminal case against 112 Ukraine TV channel.
Fiscals already received permission from the court on the temporary access to the stuff and documents of the company with the right of their withdrawal from several banks and other institutions. And there is a possibility of a search in office premises of 112 Ukraine TV channel with the seizure of computer equipment, which can bring to stop the broadcasting.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain