Petition on LGBT parade prohibition in Kyiv gained right amount of signatures
Now it should by considered by Kyiv City Council
Petition on prohibition of the LGBT community march in Kiev, scheduled for June 12, has collected the required 10,000 signatures. Now the petition, posted on the website of the City Council, should be considered by Kyiv authorities.
The initiative has been registered on May 30 and as of 15:00 on June 5 gathered more than 10,000 signatures.
According to the petition author Nataliya Galushko such march of the LGBT community is unacceptable, because there is a war in the country, and such activities could further "undermine the unstable situation".
"Gay pride parades and any other events of LGBT activists should be prohibited. The desire of authorities to show Kyiv as a "European" capital is understandable. However, should we neglect the interests of other people? After all, to make Kyiv a "European" it is better to start with clean streets, fighting illegal construction and preservation of nature, than of colored "parades" that cause a provocation, beatings and arrests ", - said in the text of the petition.
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine 23 October, 18:06
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars