Peatlands in Kyiv region continue to burn
The fire embraced area more than 100 hectares
The capital city suffers from heavy burnt odour due to smoldering of peatlands in the region. The total area affected by peat fires amounts of more than one hundred hectares, the correspondent of 112 Ukraine reports.
Rescuers continue to operate near Dymer, Bucha, Boyarka, Borodyanka, Vasylkiv and Brovary settlements of Kyiv region. Kyiv residents also complain on strong burnt odour, it is specifically felt at Akademhorodok, Poznyaky, Obolon and Troyeshchyna districts of the capital city.
"Today, along with the expert, in the center of the city we did some measurements on negative impurities that may be in the air and negatively affect the human respiratory system. We learned that the nitrogen dioxide is 0.17 at the rate of 0.2, the carbon monoxide contained in the air is 1.43 at the rate of 5. The conclusion can be made that for the moment one can breathe freely. We were promised that during the day certain laboratory studies will be conducted and the information received will be published," the journalist reported.
Watch our video:
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
IMF mission to arrive in Ukraine on October 26 17 October, 19:03
In Moscow and Warsaw pass protest actions "Stop Putin" 14 October, 21:03
In Kyiv March of heroes' glory is over 14 October, 18:33
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars