Patriarch Filaret unexpectedly visits frontline in Donbas
Head of Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Kyiv Patriarchate came to cheer up Ukrainian soldiers
Filaret, the Patriarch of Kyiv and leader of Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Kyiv Patriarchate came to Donbas without warning, cheering up Ukrainian troops fighting pro-Kremlin militants in war-torn eastern Ukraine. Pavlo Zhebrivsky, Head of Donetsk civil and military regional administration, posted this at Facebook.
“A great surprise! Last night, the Most Holy Patriarch Filaret came to see us. A man of amazing willpower. I admire his wisdom and clarity of thought. A man of prayer and action. 88-year-old Patriarch came to the frontline to visit the military; he met with commanders and blessed the warriors for the sacred deed of defending Ukraine’, Zhebrivsky wrote.
He added that Blahodatne village in Amvrosiivka district, Donetsk region, where the churchman was born, is now in the hanfds of pro-Russian militants.
Source: Facebook Pavlo Zhebrivsky
Berlin to host Normandy Four meeting today 19 October, 10:43
Minsk hosts video conference of trilateral contact group 18 October, 14:52
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
Donbas: 44 attacks in Mariupol sector 19 October, 08:31
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels