Parliamentary hearing timed to Babi Yar’s 75th anniversary underway in Kyiv
Leaders of Ukraine and Israel, political, cleric and social figures are to make speeches on the occasion
Politicians, churchmen, thinkers gathered at the Ukrainian Parliament to hold wide public discussion on the heritage and lessons of the infamous Babi Yar tragedy that took place in September 1941.
The solemn session is moderated by First Vice Speaker Iryna Gerashchenko; according to her, the meeting will be held on the highest level. It is expected that President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko and his Israeli colleague Reuven Rivlin will join the meeting, along with Ukraine’s Parliamentary Speaker Andriy Parubiy. Gerashchenko added that the meeting will involve a lot of other officials, diplomats, MPs, clerics, members of Ukrainian diaspora, foreign delegations, human rights activists, scientists and Holocaust researchers.
The main part of the solemn events to mark the 75th anniversary of Babi Yar in Kyiv will be held on September 29th.
Ukraine's Parliament has to urge Netherlands to ratify AA with EU 3 October, 15:44
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Ukraine's Parliament to regulate mental health care issue 5 October, 17:02
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain