OZON: Religious pilgrims make their way to Kyiv from the west
Two columns of believers already reached the Ukraine’s capital to participate in solemn procession on the occasion of the anniversary of Christianization of Kyiv Rus’
Believers who gathered at Zhytomyrska highway (northern Ukraine) are taking their seats and go to Kyiv, Ukrainian public monitoring organization OZON reports. Two groups of pilgrims are already in Kyiv, waiting for their comrades to join the procession.
The video below belongs to OZON.
Watch the video:
The city authorities blocked all driveways to the European square in Kyiv for security reasons.
the law enforcers gathered in the Kyiv city centre to maintain public safety during the religious procession that is slated for today in the Ukrainian capital.
Streets are blocked for vehicle movement, except for one line on Khreshchatyk street; metal detectors, the iron fence and K-9 dogs are in position already.
The city centre will remain shut off by 5 p.m. Wednesday. The authorities ask the locals to not use their own vehicles to get to the downtown until then, because currently, parking in the downtown is forbidden. All driveways to the European square, in the city centre, are now blocked.
The procession of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church started in Eastern Ukraine in Svyatogorsk Lavra on July 3 and in Western Ukraine in Pochayiv Lavra on July 9. It is planned that the two groups of believers enter Kyiv on July 26, meet on July 27 in Kiev at St. Vladimir's Hill, and together with the Orthodox Kyiv citizens and pilgrims proceed to Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra. The expected number is 30 000 participants.
The law enforcers are on high alert expecting possible provocations by pro-Russian agents.
Kyiv not to congratulate Putin on his birthday, - Peskov 7 October, 20:15
IMF mission to arrive in Ukraine on October 26 17 October, 19:03
In Kyiv March of heroes' glory is over 14 October, 18:33
Holocaust Memorial center to be created at Babi Yar, - Poroshenko 29 September, 15:17
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels