Oxford University Press attached Crimea to Russia in geography textbook
Ukraine's Embassy urges British publishing house to correct mistakes immediately
Oxford University Press indicated temporarily occupied Crimea as the territory of the Russian Federation in the geography textbook, the press service of the Embassy of Ukraine to the United Kingdom on its Facebook page.
“The textbook on geography published by The Oxford University Press - ELT misleads students.
Ukraine's Embassy urges the publishing house to correct mistakes immediately as such grave mistakes may bring The Oxford University Press into disrepute,” said in a statement.
As it was reported before, in the edition of socio-economic atlas of the world in 2016 of French publishing house Larousse the Crimea was depicted as a part of Russian Federation. Embassy of Ukraine in the French Republic required the French publishing house Larousse to correct the "shameful mistake”. With a formal letter to the publishing house addressed the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine to France Oleh Shamshur.
The internationally recognized Ukrainian territory of Crimea was illegally annexed by the Russian Federation in March 2014.
Ukraine sues Russia for illegal capture of its gas assets in Crimea 19 October, 11:27
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
- POLITICS12:01UN condemns attacks on schools in Haas village, Syria
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case