Over 30,000 people take part in march on Poland’s Independence Day in Warsaw
This year's slogan of the festive procession: "Poles for Poland, Poland for Poles"
In Warsaw is held a traditional Independence March on the occasion of celebration of the Independence Day of Poland, the correspondent of 112 Ukraine TV channel reported.
"The number of participants varies from 30 to 40 thousand of people of different ages," the reporter told.
The organizers of the march are national-patriotic forces in Poland, which started to carry out such a procession from 2008. The march takes place from the Dmowski intersection, through Jerusalem alley to the Poniatowski Bridge, close to the National Stadium.
"The security is strongly enhanced in the city, traditionally the procession participants are also guarded. There is a ban on the use of pyrotechnics, nevertheless, It is still very actively used by the participants of the march," the correspondent said.
This year's slogan of the march: "Poles for Poland, Poland for Poles".
Recalling that last year‘s Independence March ended with riots. Radical marchers attacked police and other protesters using paving stones and flares. The police responded with rubber bullets, tear gas and water cannons. Then more than 200 people were arrested.
European deputies sign petition to Poroshenko 27 September, 14:30
112 Ukraine TV Channel statement 26 September, 23:19
Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement 21 October, 15:18
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars