Over 19,000 Hasid pilgrims arrived to Ukraine to celebrate Rosh Hashanah
10,000 more are expected to visit the country for celebration of the big Judaic holiday, - State Border Guard
Hasid pilgrims from around the globe keep coming to Ukraine to celebrate the New Year according to the Jewish calendar. The town of Uman, Cherkasy, central Ukraine, will host them as about 30,000 Hasids will honor the memory of their spiritual leader Rabbi Nachman at his grave - on the eve of Rosh Hashanah.
19,000 of them are already in Ukraine, the State Border Guard reported. Most of the guests land in airports in Kyiv, Lviv and Odesa; many come through the country’s western border with Poland, Romania and Slovakia.
The New Year will be 5777, according to the Jewish calendar; this time, the holiday falls on October 2-3.
450 policemen, including 15 servicemen from Israel, will be providing public safety during the festivities.
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas