OSCE calls on thorough investigation of journalist Shchetinin’s death
Representatives of international organizations also urge Ukrainian authorities to resolve situation with safety of journalists and punish those responsible
The circumstances of the death of the journalist Alexander Shchetinin should be promptly and thoroughly investigated. The OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media Dunja Mijatovic stated this, the website of the organization reports.
“The circumstances of this tragedy must be swiftly and thoroughly investigated,” Mijatović said. “His death is a loss for media community and my sincere condolences go out to Shchetinin’s family, friends and colleagues”, reads the statement.
The OSCE Representative also urged the Ukrainian authorities to rectify the situation with the safety of journalists and to effectively address the issue of impunity of perpetrators.
Minsk talks parties to discuss disengaging of forces in Donbas 5 October, 07:45
OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas 21 October, 20:31
OSCE cannot confirm ‘Motorola’s death 17 October, 17:49
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel mined
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:15Bezsmertny: Real ‘disengagement line’ and one defined in Minsk agreements are different
- POLITICS09:28Chyigoz case: Another court session to be held on Monday
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:46Donbas: Mines hit Ukrainian positions in Luhansk region
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars