OSCE calls for immediate release of Umerov
OSCE PA Committee on democracy, human rights and humanitarian question Chairman states Russia is using old and alarming tactics
Chairman of the Committee of the OSCE Parliamentary Assembly on Human Rights Ignacio Sanchez Amor stated that involuntary placement in a psychiatric hospital Ilmi Umerov is a wake-up call yesterday, on August 27. QHA agency reports this.
"The Russian authorities are now using the old and particularly worrying tactics, trying to make Umerov shut up. I call for the immediate cancellation of the decision and the release of Umerov", said Sanchez Amor.
He stressed that "the claim of Umerov’s mental instability is an attempt to punish him for speaking out in favor of the territorial integrity of Ukraine".
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland 23 October, 10:33
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:21Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region
- SOCIETY19:37Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain