One of the leaders of the al-Nusra Front found in Kyiv
The man, who took part in Syrian conflict, is under arrest for extradition
The Security Service of Ukraine has arrested one of the leaders of the al-Nusra Front, a Sunni Islamic jihadist militia fighting against Syrian Government forces in the Syrian Civil War. It was reported by the press center of Security Service. It is also noted that this man was included in the international wanted list.
"A citizen of one of the former republics of the Soviet Union in 2013 - 2014 years took part in the Syrian military conflict. In 2015, action he led the Jamaat of international terrorist organization "Al-Nusra Front," according to the statement.
Shevchenko district court of Kyiv foreigner it to take a measure of restraint - arrest under extradition. The prosecution services has already initiated the extradition proceedings.
Recalling, al-Nusra Front is the Syrian branch of Al-Qaeda, also operating in Lebanon.
In Moscow and Warsaw pass protest actions "Stop Putin" 14 October, 21:03
In Kyiv March of heroes' glory is over 14 October, 18:33
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
IMF mission to arrive in Ukraine on October 26 17 October, 19:03
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars