One death; 90 policemen and journalists injured near Verkhovna Rada
Member of National Guard, injured by a bullet, died as a result of riot
According to the evidence from the ground, one member of National Guard is shot dead. The Minister of Foreign Affairs Arsen Avakov informed that the man, who threw the grenade, is already detained. “The grenades are seized, including F1 hand grenade,” he wrote on his Facebook page. “About 90 people were injured near Verkhovna Rada; some of them faced major injuries. This is the result of several explosive devices thrown by the people in T-shirts of the "Svoboda" party, who fought against National Guard near Verkhovna Rada… Law enforcers have detained about 30 participants of fights near the parliament building,” he said.
As a result of the unrest journalists from two Ukrainian channels are injured, states the journalist of 5 channel Oleksandr Arhat in his Twitter.
Clashes under building of Verkhovna Rada have ceased, says the press service of the Ministry of Interior Affairs.
Five MPs, who voted for the amendments to the Constitution regarding decentralization are excluded from the “Samopomich” fraction. One of those excluded is Head of Foreign Affairs Committee of the Ukrainian Parliament Hanna Hopko.
As previously reported, today Verkhovna Rada gathered for an extraordinary meeting to consider the first reading of the adoption of amendments to the Constitution regarding decentralization. More than thousand people gathered for a protest rally against voting for these amendments. A protest rally, which was expected to be peaceful, resulted into a mass riot under the flags of political parties.
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars