No passenger flights to Zaventem airport until March 29
The airport’s management rescheduled the date of renewal of flights
The official website of Zaventem airport had this message posted on Sunday morning.
“Brussels Airport is starting preparations to partially resume passenger flights and to implement the new security measures which the federal government imposes on Belgian airports. More than 4 days after the attacks at Brussels Airport, the inquiries of the judicial investigation in the terminal of Brussels Airport are completed. Friday afternoon, Brussels Airport Company received permission to inspect the building with a small group of engineers to assess the damage.
Brussels Airport Company is currently studying a temporary solution to partially resume passenger flights, taking into account the new security measures that apply at Belgian airports, decided by the federal government. Passenger flights are not expected to resume before Tuesday 29 March 2016”, reads the message.
The airport’s administration launched another website with important information for the passengers who plan to travel to Brussels in the near future.
Previously, the administration planned to open the airport for visitors on March 25.
As is known, in the morning of March 22, several explosions thundered in Brussels, at Zaventem airport and at Maalbeek underground station. The blasts took lives of more than 30 people; about 120 were injured. Later that day, the ISIS took the responsibility for the terrorist acts. The Belgian government announced three-day long nationwide mourning.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas