News.Mic: A New Campaign Uses 'Pokémon Go' to Save Syrian Children
Pokémon Go looks a little different in Syria.
Photos of Syrian children holding pictures of Pokémon, with messages like "I am in Syria ... Save me!!" have been coming from refugee artists and an activist group called the Revolutionary Forces of Syria. The campaign uses the massive popularity of the new Pokémon Go game to shed light on the children stuck in the war-torn country.
"There are plenty of #Pokémon in #Syria. Come save me!" One of the RFS tweets said:
The photos published online are heartbreaking:
Another artist, Saif Aldeen Tahhan, created a photo series called Syria Go, which depicts a Pokéball being used to capture a first-aid kit on a street full of rubble, a life raft next to an already-full raft, a stack of books in an empty classroom and a teddy bear on a rubble-filled street — all actual images from the Syrian war.
Read the full article here.
Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks 21 October, 17:29
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas