First Pokemon Go death reported in Japan
A female pedestrian has been killed and another badly injured in a car accident in western Japan, involving a man playing the popular Pokemon Go game while driving
It was the first fatal accident in Japan linked to the augmented-reality mobile game since its release in the country a month ago, Japanese police said on Wednesday.
The 39-year-old farmer was arrested after his vehicle hit the two women on a road in the city of Tokushima on the south-western island of Shikoku Tuesday evening, Kyodo News agency reported.
The man told investigators he was "playing the Pokemon Go game" while driving, Kyodo said.
Read the full article here.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas