New Year 2016: Crimean Tatar style
Kyiv hosted the event organized by Crimean Tatar activists in Ukraine and Canada
Crimean Tatar children and their parents celebrated the New Year in their national style in Kyiv. The event was hosted by the Child’s Crimean Tatar Centre in the Ukrainian capital. Kids and grown-ups gathered to say goodbye to 2015 and meet the New Year, QHA, Crimean Tatar information resource reported.
According to Eskender Bariev, member of the Mejlis of the Crimean Tatar people, it is essential that kids who stay far away from their native land remember their national and cultural roots and feel their identity.
The festival was co-organized by NGO called “Crimean family”, whose goal is to promote Crimean Tatar culture, local activists as well as Canadian diaspora of Crimean Tatars. The latter sponsored the event.
Though the New Year is not a typical holiday for Crimean Tatars, all parents supported the idea to set a performance for the children. The concert where they took part was held in Crimean Tatar language; the kids sang folk songs, danced folk dances and wore national costumes.
“The New Year is not our national holiday, but every child desperately looks forward to it. So we decided to give them what they want, a little Crimean Tatar style miracle. So they read poems and sang folk songs in their mother language”, said Anife Kurtseitova, Head of NGO “Crimean family”.
112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016 27 October, 12:43
112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode 24 October, 15:47
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case